Where did those two years go!
Today is a great day as it is our Birthday, its hard to believe its already been two years since I set up Yelo in January 2010.
The last two years have been a blur but equally an incredible journey.
I must say a huge thank you to each and everyone of our much valued friends, clients, consultants and supporters who have contributed to our success.
In the two years since we started up we’ve moved into a larger office, recruited more staff and worked on some really major projects in Brighton and with your support I hope we can repeat that cycle.
I mentioned we value your support and so to say thanks we are planning to have a bit of a party in the Spring (when it is a bit warmer!) please look out for your invite.
In the meantime if you haven’t seen our office in central Brighton please get in touch and come on over, I’d love to also take you for a great coffee in Brighton’s best coffee shop – Small Batch
As you can tell we’ve been very busy these last couple of years and have worked on everything from Climbing Centres through to Language Schools with lots of residential projects inbetween.
Here’s a couple of our projects:
Brighton Dome – New ticket Office, Call Centre Suite and Office Refurbishment.
The project above was a real success for us. We were invited to compete in a design competition against some pretty well known architect brands and well we won! Simple really; we pitched the best design, had the best team (selected by us) and came in on budget, what more could you want from an architect?
One Hove Park – 71 New build apartments
This is our sort of project! Great client with an equally great brief. We’ve designed a contemporary 5 storey building that makes the most of the site orientation and gives every resident the home that really desire:
- Gardens designed by Chelsea award winner Nicholas Dexter
- Balconies that are large enough for a table, four chairs and a balcony allotment
- Oversized apartments with huge triple glazed windows.
- Great views over two parks.
- Secure underground parking.
- A location next door to Hove Park yet within two minutes walk of the train station.
- A roof full of solar panels.
- Extensive tree planting, a communal garden and a dedicated wildlife garden.
- An electric car club.
- A stunning art installation in Hove Park courtesy of the very talented Richard Wolfstrome
As you can tell we’re proud of this one and can’t wait for construction to start later in the year.
Time to sign off, please keep well, keep working hard and most importantly keep in touch.