Part I/II Architectural Assistant
A fixed term year out contract, ideally full time but part time considered.
Yelo Architects are looking for a passionate and highly motivated architectural assistant to join our busy team in Brighton.
Over 10 years we have built a reputation for high quality and contemporary architecture with projects ranging from one off homes and affordable housing to master planning and working on urban regeneration sites to name a few.
We provide a full range of architectural services from concept designs and capacity studies to planning applications and detail packages through to construction packages and delivery of our designs on site. We work with a variety of clients including local authorities, developers, social housing providers and private clients.
Our office is within a coworking building next to Brighton Station. It’s a fun and diverse place to work with lots of interesting companies and great facilities including a café, showers and a rooftop terrace and bar.
Yelo is a family-friendly practice, offering flexible working hours and an enhanced holiday package alongside a compressed week which means that we finish at 1pm every Friday. We have some really fun socials too.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Experience working in a UK based practice on residential projects
- A passion for house design and sustainability
- Some knowledge of current planning guidelines
- Strong design, visualisation and presentation skills
- A rigorous, enthusiastic, and flexible attitude
- The ability to work with self-direction and initiative, displaying a strong commitment to the job and a willingness to go the extra mile when necessary
- AutoCAD and Revit experience
- Offer you a varied workload and exposure to a wide range of projects, sectors, work stages and clients
- Encourage responsibility and facilitate the development of your career by offering ongoing training and plenty of support and regular catch ups
- Provide a friendly, varied and energetic working environment
- Work alongside a Project Architect in the design and production of schemes within the office
- Produce drawings, documents and 3D visualisations to develop schemes using AutoCAD and Revit
- Produce 3D images using CAD and rendering packages and reports using InDesign
- Proactively participate in design debate and project crits
- Research products, materials, buildings etc as directed
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please send any applications as pdfs by email (max size 8mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to include CV’s and examples of work.