Posted: 3 September 2021
Fixed term year out contract, ideally full time but part time considered.
Yelo Architects are looking for a passionate and highly motivated architectural assistant to join our busy team.
Over 11 years we have built a reputation for high quality and contemporary architecture with projects ranging from one off homes and affordable housing to master planning and working on urban regeneration sites to name a few.
We provide a full range of architectural services from concept designs and capacity studies to planning applications and detail packages through to construction packages and delivery of our designs on site. We work with a variety of clients including local authorities, developers, social housing providers and private clients.
We operate a remote business although most staff are in Brighton or London, we allow everyone to work from home and we have developed systems to ensure this works well. We meet virtually twice a day and encourage staff to visit our projects which are generally in the South East with many in Brighton and London. We are a paperless business and provide PC’s, two monitors and an iPad Pro to all staff.
We are happy for staff to work from wherever is good for them and we have had staff working from places like Hungary and Jersey over the last year. However our preference is for someone Brighton or London based so that site visits can be achieved.
Yelo is a family-friendly practice, offering flexible working hours and an enhanced holiday package alongside a compressed week which means that we finish at 1pm every Friday.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Experience working in a UK based practice on residential projects
- A passion for house design and sustainability
- Some knowledge of current planning guidelines
- Strong design, visualisation and presentation skills
- A rigorous, enthusiastic, and flexible attitude
- The ability to work with self-direction and initiative, displaying a strong commitment to the job and a willingness to go the extra mile when necessary
- AutoCAD or Archicad experience
- Offer you a varied workload and exposure to a wide range of projects, sectors, work stages and clients
- Encourage responsibility and facilitate the development of your career by offering ongoing training and plenty of support and regular catch ups
- Provide a friendly, varied and energetic working environment
- Provide a salary of £21,000 per annum.
- Work alongside a Project Architect in the design and production of schemes.
- Produce drawings, documents and 3D visualisations to develop schemes using AutoCAD and Archicad
- Produce 3D images using CAD and rendering packages and reports using InDesign
- Proactively participate in design debate and project crits
- Research products, materials, buildings etc as directed
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please send your CV and portfolio by email (8mb max) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th September 2021
No agencies, thank you.